A lot of first-time visitors to Clearwater that are in search of nearshore fishing charters think it is a simple as strolling down the marina and choosing the least expensive boat with availability that day. Unfortunately, it is this practice that has led to the deterioration of the charter fishing industry. Patrons should hold us to a certain standard when it comes to the service we provide. After all, you want to get the most bang for your buck and have a great experience.
Below, we will go over several things you should consider before choosing amongst the nearshore fishing charters here in Clearwater, Florida.
Consider the Boat and the Tackle on Board
People tend to put too much emphasis on the size of the boat when they should actually be considering the condition of the boat is in. This is particularly true of nearshore fishing charters because, on average, the smaller your vessel, the shallower the draft. The fact is, when the waters are rough, you are going to have a bumpy ride no matter how large the boat is.
If you get a chance to walk up and down the dock in Clearwater to look at the boats you are considering, it is suggested you do so. A few things to consider would be:
- Is the deck spacious and free of clutter, allowing for free movement around the vessel?
- Does the boat look well-maintained?
- How does the tackle on board look? Do the reels have a fresh line? Are any hooks you see corroded?
Consider the Condition of the Marina
Not all marinas in Clearwater are created equal. Here is a list of things to consider when it comes to the condition the marina your potential boat is housed in:
- Is the marina in a convenient location?
- Does the marina look well-kept?
- Is the parking secure?
- Does the marina have a convenience store carrying coffee, ice, bait, etc.?
- Are there fish cleaning facilities available?
Consider the Captain and Crew on Board
It is often the captain and crew that make or break a trip as opposed to the actual fishing. Even relatively unsuccessful trips in Clearwater can be a fun experience with the right captain and vice versa. In order to get the best charter possible, talk to the captains during your stroll through the marina and consider things such as:
- Is this the type of captain who will entertain his patrons or mostly keep things more professional (and which do you prefer)?
- Is the captain personable and professional?
- Nearshore fishing charters are not just about catching the most fish, but about having the best experience possible. So, with this in mind, try to choose a boat captain that will make every effort to make your day unforgettable.
Consider the Price
No one likes to talk about costs, but it is an important factor to consider, especially since nearshore fishing charters can cost hundreds of dollars. And the highest price does not necessarily mean the best available. Do your research including the tips above to figure out which option is best for you.
Salinity Now’s Nearshore Fishing Charters in Clearwater
When it comes to nearshore fishing charters, you are investing in the experience of a lifetime, so do not cut yourself short by not putting in due diligence and end up choosing the wrong charter. Better yet, you can book with Salinity Now in Clearwater and save yourself the hassle. Our personable captains are not only experienced fishermen but also know how to communicate with our guests and ensure they have a good time. And yes, we are kid friendly!